Worst thing a staff member has done...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This was 1 person:
      • Hack / crack the box
      • pretend to be me coming back to discover the site had been hacked (it wasn't me, I was still on vacation and didn't know this was going on)
      • Trolled everyone
      • told everyone I had sold the place to someone else
      • posted as that someone else
      • logged back in as "me" (again), told everyone that everything priory was the hacker & that I had just returned (I hadn't, still on vacation)
      • trolled the staff
      • trolled the members
      • announced yet again as "me" that everything prior wasn't me, but someone else (still the hacker, I was on vacation)
      • trolled the members
      • trolled the staff
      • closed the site and told everyone to go to another forum

In steps in the real me (not the hacker) with zero credibility, because the "it was someone else" reason / excuse had been played out by that person.
      Disclaimer - Automatically assume that any link I copy & paste has a referral in it. Not because I'm the spamming type, but because I'm to lazy to edit them out or double check a really long url for that 1 snip of code.
    • Adam wrote:

This was 1 person:
      • Hack / crack the box
      • pretend to be me coming back to discover the site had been hacked (it wasn't me, I was still on vacation and didn't know this was going on)
      • Trolled everyone
      • logged back in as "me" (again), told everyone that everything priory was the hacker & that I had just returned (I hadn't, still on vacation)
      • trolled the staff
      • trolled the members
      • announced yet again as "me" that everything prior wasn't me, but someone else (still the hacker, I was on vacation)
      • trolled the members
      • trolled the staff

In steps in the real me (not the hacker) with zero credibility, because the "it was someone else" reason / excuse had been played out by that person.
      Wow! That sounds terrible. Do you still have the forum or did you give up on it?
    • alakazam wrote:

Adam wrote:

This was 1 person:
      • Hack / crack the box
      • Trolled everyone
      • trolled the staff
      • trolled the members
      • trolled the members
      • trolled the staff

Wow! That sounds terrible. Do you still have the forum or did you give up on it?
      I actually tried to continue to run it for another 3 years, but it truly wasn't ever the same after that event. A group of trolls from another community, which so happened to also be the site this person told everyone to go too; would run raids or campaigns against the site, further degrading it.

The very few who remained actual loyal didn't always seem they had their heart in it, and it felt more as if people were waiting to see how much more could go wrong or when exactly would I toss in the towel. The last big effort I tried was an "all in or bust" ditch effort (socially & financially), to even break even, and that too fell short.

The site last 5 years (1/2 a decade) and 6 months before I finally shut it down.
      Disclaimer - Automatically assume that any link I copy & paste has a referral in it. Not because I'm the spamming type, but because I'm to lazy to edit them out or double check a really long url for that 1 snip of code.
    • I never got to the point of being with untrusting admins on my forums. I feel like you should NEVER give any admin full power over your forum, no matter who they are because they can make a mistake and mess something up. I was an admin on a few different forums and would never even access the admin panel unless I had to or the owner was around working with me. It is just too risky.
    • Luckily, I had no major issues with my staff members - yet.

An unfortane situation was when one of my staff members got frustrated over another member without a decent reason and simply deleted his account. He had contributed a lot to the forum and his leave is a terrible loss for our forum, especially because all his leftover posts are named written by "Guest". :(
      Graphic Balloon. A community of creative minds.
      Free Graphics - Contests - Graphic Design Tutorials
      graphicballoon.com/forum