stewdless Boards

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• stewdless Boards

After agonizing hours of being busy due to school work and at the same time being lazy, I finally found a good time to post this.

Site URL: stewdless Boards

Nothing much to say to be honest. stewdless Boards is a random discussion or a hangout for a small group of good friends of mine. It's also like a storage for stuff I like to share with people like fun videos and all. Overall, it's basically just a small place to hangout.

Two things to note, my "Directory" is the Help Documents center compared to Admin Hub's directory for site URLs. Second is that the "Articles System" is the idea I got after visiting this certain German forums. I think it was a gaming forum, not quiet sure but they converted CLS-design's EasyLink plugin into an article system. And it really does look like an article system. Just a bit of editing and it'll be a bit of a par with Bob's AMS.

My theme is the same as the one that Admin Hub has, Nova by CLS-design, except I darkened it a bit because I love converting light themes into darker ones. The theme before Nova was Alpha, also made by CLS. It should be viewable to the public.

I'm going to revamp the boards again si another site that contains some contents that my board has. So if you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to leave them here!~
  • Not the worst case I have seen.. However theme looks like a disaster. Not good for eyes and I want to close it as fast as possible.
    1. Change colors of the theme. Making it blue and dark without watching how it all looks together and how colors work with each other is just bad.
    2. Remove silly name font improving. You have some stupid shadow + lighting to your name. They never look good on any forum platform. Looks like 12 years old have made it. I have even seen people adding sparkles to the name..
    3. Logo is ok +1
    With better theme or changing colors you're on a good track. Because of the bad look I couldn't take more than a few minutes in your forum just to look how it looks. Colors are bad for reading and makes me dizzy.
    + I even found 5 or 6 different blue colors in the theme. I can see that the idea was in some places to get the same color, but it's not. If it was the idea then you need to take a look on how colors go together. This is a common problem for many forums.

Keep working. Outside from the look good job.
    /Enter Your Signature here/
  • @Rinalds now that's the kind of critique I wanted to hear!

Rinalds wrote:

Change colors of the theme. Making it blue and dark without watching how it all looks together and how colors work with each other is just bad.
    Yup, the blue is kind of glaring to the eye. It looks alright to my eyes but it definitely is a bit bad. Will try to change it some time

Rinalds wrote:

Remove silly name font improving. You have some stupid shadow + lighting to your name. They never look good on any forum platform. Looks like 12 years old have made it. I have even seen people adding sparkles to the name..
    I noticed how bad the shadow was when I placed it on a light theme, will also do something with that as well. And those name formats are found in very small gaming/other types of forums just for the heck of it and it's usually not advised to do the same on a big board.

Thanks a lot for your feedbacks, Rinalds! I will experiment more on colors soon. This semester is about to end in like 3 weeks, so I should have loads of time after that haha