Try WoltLab Suite

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aethior wrote:

Woltlab Community Framework is now WoltLab Suite Core: Introducing WoltLab Suite 3.0 - Product Spotlights - WoltLab®
      I saw this at work today and couldn't wait to post something about it here, or have someone else post about it here :tongue: . Thanks @Aethior!

BB8 wrote:

More IPB'ness even in product names. I see what they did there.
      I see the same type of style in many other softwares, it's just the current trend.

I'm so looking forward to seeing the CMS, forum, blog, gallery, filebase and calendar together on one site :) .
    • I installed alpha version 2.2 on a test site this morning, and I see that you can increase the amount of activity points for likes to whichever number that you choose. I wonder if more options will be available in the future... for things like post count, etc?

Edited to add: I'm not sure if it has been mentioned anywhere else yet, but it would be nice if there was an option to have square avatars somewhere without having to change any CSS.

This looks like it needs to be corrected:

• dtdesign wrote:

Edit: @Aethior Most likely not, it is desirable to get everything in sync but it would cause a gigantic amount of changes (including internal object identifiers) that would screw up both our products and 3rd party plugins beyond recognition. It is simply not worth it to do this at this time.
      I understand the explanation and the reason, but I can't to imagine other better moment to do that with the new product name and version number.

Paul wrote:

I installed alpha version 2.2 on a test site this morning, and I see that you can increase the amount of activity points for likes to whichever number that you choose. I wonder if more options will be available in the future... for things like post count, etc?
      This is available in the current version (2.1). ACP » Users » Users » Activity Points
      Images
      • image.png

18.4 kB, 681×269, viewed 132 times

The post was edited 3 times, last by Aethior ().

• @dtdesign error in Article List page.

Source Code

1. System Information
      2. PHP Version:
      3. 5.6.22
      4. WCF Version:
      5. 3.0.0 Alpha 2
      6. Peak Memory Usage:
      7. 3.515/256 MiB
      8. Request URI:
      9. /woltlab-suite/index.php?article-list/
      10. Referrer:
      11. http://beta.aethior.com/woltlab-suite/
      12. User Agent:
      13. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.84 Safari/537.36
      14. Error
      15. Error Type:
      16. wcf\system\exception\ErrorException
      17. Error Message:
      18. Undefined offset: 2
      19. File:
      20. */lib/system/WCF.class.php (293)
      21. Stack Trace:
      22. #0 */lib/data/page/PageCache.class.php (97):
      23. wcf\system\WCF::handleError(8, 'Undefined offset: 2', '*/lib/data/page/PageCache.class.php', 97, [ pageID => , languageID => , page => ])
      24. #1 */lib/data/page/Page.class.php (172):
      25. wcf\data\page\PageCache->getPageTitle(34)
      26. #2 */templates/compiled/0_wcf_2_articleList.php (83):
      27. wcf\data\page\Page->getTitle()
      28. #3 */lib/system/template/TemplateEngine.class.php (321):
      29. include('*/templates/compiled/0_wcf_2_articleList.php')
      30. #4 */lib/page/AbstractPage.class.php (306):
      31. wcf\system\template\TemplateEngine->display('articleList', 'wcf')
      32. #5 */lib/page/AbstractPage.class.php (97):
      33. wcf\page\AbstractPage->show()
      34. #6 */lib/system/request/Request.class.php (83):
      35. wcf\page\AbstractPage->__run()
      36. #7 */lib/system/request/RequestHandler.class.php (92):
      37. wcf\system\request\Request->execute()
      38. #8 */index.php (9):
      39. wcf\system\request\RequestHandler->handle('wcf')
      40. WCF::destruct() Unhandled exception: Undefined offset: 2
      41. #0 .../woltlab-suite/lib/data/page/PageCache.class.php(97): wcf\system\WCF::handleError(8, 'Undefined offse...', '/homepages/42/d...', 97, Array)
      42. #1 .../woltlab-suite/lib/data/page/Page.class.php(172): wcf\data\page\PageCache->getPageTitle(34)
      43. #2 .../woltlab-suite/lib/system/page/PageLocationManager.class.php(58): wcf\data\page\Page->getTitle()
      44. #3 .../woltlab-suite/lib/system/SingletonFactory.class.php(25): wcf\system\page\PageLocationManager->init()
      45. #4 .../woltlab-suite/lib/system/SingletonFactory.class.php(55): wcf\system\SingletonFactory->__construct()
      46. #5 /homepages/42/d362896583/htdocs/aethior/beta/woltlab-suite/lib/system/session/SessionHandler.class.php(881): wcf\system\SingletonFactory::getInstance()
      47. #6 .../woltlab-suite/lib/system/WCF.class.php(184): wcf\system\session\SessionHandler->update()
      48. #7 [internal function]: wcf\system\WCF::destruct()
      49. #8 {main}
      Display All
    • Aethior wrote:

but I can't to imagine other better moment to do that with the new product name and version number.
      I agree that it sounds natural to do it along with the name change, but changing the product names is just a matter of altering some phrases. Changing the package names (which would also require changing internal identifiers for object types) is a massive change.

If you think of the entire suite as a big building, changing the building's name is easy, but changing the package names/identifiers is like removing all floor tiles and replacing them. Yes, the new floor tiles are now matching the new name, but that's it, all the time and money spend just to have them matching.
    • Paul wrote:

Aethior wrote:

This is available in the current version (2.1). ACP » Users » Users » Activity Points
      With 2.2.0 (Bleeding Edge) "Activity Points" is under "Configuration" and there is only one option.

Of course for post counts.
      But you need to remindyourself that you only installed the Woltlab Suite Core 3.0 alpha 2, and not the Burning Board forum software.
      When this will be installed you will have for post counts, threads etc the settings for activity points

Paul wrote:

Something that I had forgotten about but is very exciting for WBB 4.2 is the "Never" setting/option which will override permissions from other user groups, I can't wait for this .
      It will be WBB 5.0 spoiler alert
    • As a permissions system becomes more complex and more rules can override other rules, chances are that it will be notably harder to keep an overview about who can do what in which area. Remember my rant(s) about the horrible XenForo ACP? The "Yes/No/Not defined" part was one of them - and "Never" is only slightly more intuitive.
      Send in the clowns.
    • BB8 wrote:

As a permissions system becomes more complex and more rules can override other rules, chances are that it will be notably harder to keep an overview about who can do what in which area. Remember my rant(s) about the horrible XenForo ACP? The "Yes/No/Not defined" part was one of them - and "Never" is only slightly more intuitive.
      It's a huge improvement over the current system that requires admins to create new user groups and remove permissions from others to accomplish very simple things. You can create a "Moderated" user group and just click on "Never" for the permissions you don't want them to have, instead of removing permissions from "Everyone" and "Users" first.
    • Paul wrote:

Ah, I thought Aethior was referring to one of the alpha releases .
      He was refering to WCF 2.1 ;) the current WBB Version

Paul wrote:

Cool, that would be more appropriate considering the new title of "Woltlab Suite Core 3.0".
      But this is not 100% ;)
      I only "assumed" because @SoftCreatR renamed his forums like WSC 3.0 / WBB 5.0
      maybe to trick us as well haha

Paul wrote:

It's a huge improvement over the current system that requires admins to create new user groups and remove permissions from others to accomplish very simple things. You can create a "Moderated" user group and just click on "Never" for the permissions you don't want them to have, instead of removing permissions from "Everyone" and "Users" first.
      Totally agree!!
    • Paul wrote:

Aethior wrote:

With 2.2.0 (Bleeding Edge) "Activity Points" is under "Configuration" and there is only one option.

Each software (board, blog, gallery, etc.) installs its own options (posts, entries, images, etc.).

Paul wrote:

Absolutely agree. Everyone user group is not intuitive in some cases, and never option is a good solution to avoid permissions errors.
    • Daniel wrote:

Please excuse me if I missed something, I downloaded the package off github and i'm looking for install instructions, anyone knows where that is?

Alexander Ebert wrote:

1. Create the archive templates.tar using the contents of WCF/com.woltlab.wcf/templates/
      2. Create the file com.woltlab.wcf.tar using all files directly found in WCF/com.woltlab.wcf/ and include the templates.tar
      3. Move com.woltlab.wcf into WCF/wcfsetup/install/packages/
      4. Create the archive WCFSetup.tar using the directories install and setup located at WCF/wcfsetup/
      5. Use gzip to compress into WCFSetup.tar.gz
      6. Use the install.php found in WCF/wcfsetup/ together with the now created WCFSetup.tar.gz
      Think I got it all right, it's been a very long time I've manually created a WCFsetup :D

You can download the installation package from this site (updated every two hours with the last changes): WCF 2 Standalone (next branch)