Christforums

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Christforums

Site Name: Christforums
      Site URL : The Protestant Community -
      Christforums
      Technical: Vbulletin 5 / Siteground Hosting
      About us : The Protestant Community
      We're a Protestant forum community for Christian believers in discussion, dialogue, and debates, as well as fellowship.

I welcome positive criticisms in hopes of improving our website for members. We're a Christian website that caters to all ages. I think one of the most difficult aspects of running a Christian website is understanding that nobody will share the same life experiences or maturity in the faith. We all come from different backgrounds, we have our bias, prejudices etc. Having said this, our staff understands that we need to be charitable to everyone. For this reason, I believe our site is one of the least controlling, yet at the same time focus oriented. A lot of people believe theological topics are opinionated, which I say hardly. Besides using hermeneutics - which is the branch of knowledge that deals with interpretation, one has to take into account a person's worldview, that is, what one believes about God, ultimate reality, etc., because the presuppositions we believe ultimately affects a person's interpretation of any facts, evidences, scripture, etc. We try to base our worldview on Scripture, therefore, we strive to align with our Christian worldview in topics of theology or even politics. For example, one of the key issues most face on forums - Freedom of Speech. As Christians we realize that we are not free to slander, lie, gossip, boast in ourselves, use vulgarity etc., another words, our tongues should be bridled, our speech controlled, our speech should honor God, bringing Glory to God alone.

On the topic of religion. I'd just like to clarify the difference between religion and theology, should anyone be interested in visiting our forum, because a lot of people think we are religious: to state it simply, the study of religion is chiefly the study of a certain kind of human behavior, be it under the rubric of anthropology, sociology, or psychology. The study of theology, on the other hand, is the study of God. Religion is anthropocentric; theology is theocentric. The difference between religion and theology is ultimately the difference between God and man – hardly a small difference.

I think you'll find we often have a mix. Sometimes we have those religious peoples, and sometimes peoples interested in the study of theology.

Hope you pay us a visit!
      God bless,
      William

The post was edited 9 times, last by William ().

• William wrote:

I welcome positive criticisms in hopes of improving our website for members.
      My only criticisms are related to your forum's appearance. I wear reading glasses and even with my glasses on, the font seems very small and difficult to read. I would remove the Newest Replies modification or move it to the bottom of the page. I would find a more modern looking style and have someone create a matching logo. I would also try to consolidate as many non niche related categories as possible.

I think you have a nice forum :) .
    • Paul wrote:

William wrote:

I welcome positive criticisms in hopes of improving our website for members.
      My only criticisms are related to your forum's appearance. I wear reading glasses and even with my glasses on, the font seems very small and difficult to read. I would remove the Newest Replies modification or move it to the bottom of the page. I would find a more modern looking style and have someone create a matching logo. I would also try to consolidate as many non niche related categories as possible.
      I think you have a nice forum :) .
      Thanks for the constructive criticism! I'm going to start my search for an alternative theme. A flat design one can choose. If you find one for VB 5 please forward it. I could use some help because I don't personally like totally flat designs.
    • Rinalds wrote:

Personally I don't like these type of designs. Also I don't see very often them. It makes website look more complicated and harder too keep track off.
      Well, I most certainly agree that there's a reason why just about all forums look alike. People tend to dislike anything that breaks from what they are used to. We have received positive responses from our members though, and I think the two column category and clickable sub-forums cleans up the mess of a large category and sub-forum selection.

Enjoy,
      William
    • Design looks awfully out of date but only what your members think matter the most.
      If they like it, then there's nothing to change.
      Do take into consideration that it will discourage new people from joining in.

William wrote:

Hope you pay us a visit!
      I love debating theists and right wingers, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.
      But from browsing around your forum, it does seems to be tightly controlled.